Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Quick update

We had a midwife checkup on Monday, and Kiera has already gained another pound! She was 9 lbs, 7 oz-gaining two pounds in two weeks. Holy cow. She looks it, too-she's losing her newborn-ness and looking like a normal baby. Last night she slept her longest stretch yet, just over 6 hours. I love it when they do that, and I wake up totally startled to see the sun coming up and baby still sound asleep. Then I can't fall back asleep, sure the baby will rouse any moment. So I only got about 5 hrs. Not that I'm scoffing at that! It was awesome!
The kittens have started opening their eyes, which caught me by surprise until I realized they're already a week old. My sense of time is apparently a bit ascew at the moment. They're getting big fast, and the kids are so excited to be able to hold them more. Pretty soon they'll be all over the house...6 tiny cats, climbing our curtains. Can't wait!

No comments: