Saturday, January 30, 2010

Random things....

  • Garrett can read. He started learning in October, and is now probably at a 2nd grade level.
  • Morgan wears dancing clothes all the time-even if she's freezing. When we watched the US figure skating championships, she donned her dancing clothes, grabbed a baby doll (it was the partners'), and spent about an hour "icing" around the living room. "But Mommy, we can't really skate because there's no ice in our living room."
  • Yesterday on the way home from the zoo, Kiera started laughing. Hysterically. She laughed the whole rest of the way home, about 15 minutes. I have no idea why.
  • I have rose bushes and climbing vines waiting to be planted. They've been waiting for 3 years.
  • It's raining.
  • I am having a difficult time not obsessively over-planning our upcoming Disneyland trip. At least I don't write daily schedules anymore.
  • Troy is working today, and it's Saturday. That stinks.
  • Kiera just woke up and she's only been asleep 1/2 hour. That also stinks.
  • Last night we had beans and cornbread for dinner. One of my top 5 favorite meals, and costs less than $5 to make.
  • Last night I dreamt that I ate a plate of spaghetti (not gluten-free), and when I realized what I had done, I got really scared. This is wierd because we've been gluten-free for so long I don't even think about it that much-and I never accidentally eat something with wheat in it.
  • Kiera will turn 8 months while we're in CA-that makes me a little sad. Like she'll officially be a big baby instead of a little baby.
  • Last night when I asked Morgan what she would like to do while the boys played Mario Bros, she immediately said, "Go upstairs and watch a movie with you and eat popcorn." So we did.
  • I need to get to Costco and buy a couple grafted fruit trees before they are all gone.
  • I also need to send in the rebates for our new cell phones.
  • I might get to attend a homebirth in early March, if the mom is willing to wait for me to get back from DLand.
  • Eucalyptus oil, diluted in olive oil, is the best cough supressant I've found.
  • Troy overcame enormous odds to earn a bonus for his January performance at work.
  • I have a new chocolate pie recipe that's super easy, not too unhealthy, and incredibley yummy. I may need to make it tonight.
  • Garrett is fantastic at taking care of Kiera, and she loves it when he does. I have to remind myself he's only 6 and not leave her entirely in his care, as much as he wants me to. Right now he's helping her try to go back to sleep. Oh, wait, nope-they're in there playing. Oh well, they're both happy. He says she wants to get up and watch the movie with him. She has a huge smile, which I take to mean she agrees.
  • Garlic has been shown in studies to be as potent an antibiotic as many perscriptions types.

That's all.

2 comments:

Jenne said...

Where's the like button?

Raina said...

Wow, those really were random! I ahev been "craving" DL lately but i think we are still another 2 years off ...