Friday, June 22, 2012

Random Things

*Yup, also a year old. Aged for better flavor.*
  1. We kept the entire house clean for almost a month. That, my friends, it a record. Unfortunately the house is fighting back.
  2. Fruit flies only love blackberry mojitos when you are drinking them, not when you use the mojito as a trap.
  3. We took the side of Kiera's crib, magically creating a "big girl bed." This is day two, and she's realized not only can she get in and out when she wants, she can do it any TIME she wants. Just caught her sneaking down the hallway with two snackbars in hand (one for Morgan, I presume, as that's the door she was headed for).
  4. We got a dog. She's very sweet, and very well behaved, and came to us from a family who moved to England and could not take her with them. Her name is Bree, and she runs so fast we've knicknamed her "Rocketdog."
  5. I haven't attended a birth for several months for a number of reasons-and now am waiting on a momma who's 5 days "overdue." I hope she goes before they want to induce her.
  6. I gave Troy a month of fencing lessons (as a refreshser) for his birthday, which he just finished. He's covered in bruises. Last night I dreamt I got to go with him, and ended up fencing our old instructor in my mother's living room. I was terrible. He beat me defeated me soundly, and then wouldn't speak to me as he was too dissappointed in my atrophied fencing abilities. And I somehow bent my blade into an "s."
  7. I had to do a two week gluten trial in preparation for blood tests for Celiac disease. I have been sick for three weeks as a result. If the test comes back negative and I have to do another gluten trial for a different test, I may punch my ND in the face. Which is too bad, because he's a nice guy.
  8. Morgan wants to try tap dancing. She would like the instructor to show her how to do a flip in the air and land on her taps. I say go for it.
  9. Garrett has finally mastered his new big bike. He looks too small to be riding it, but by gum, he can do it!
  10. Morgan finally figured out how to swim.
  11. We have been camping twice this summer, both times with wonderful friends in cool places. I really love camping.
  12. We have a new front porch. It's very pretty and has the added benefit of not being on the verge of collapse.
And now some pictures:

No comments: