Friday, August 22, 2008

House Work in High Heels

Sounds like a country song, doesn't it? The other day I took the kids to Value Village to pick out some dress-up things for them. Morgan of course went immediately for the shoes, and we picked out two pairs of heeled slides, and actually, they're pretty cute. They also happen to be my size (honestly, that was a coincidence). Morgan LOVES them. Loves them so much she wants to wear them always. The GREAT thing is, there are two pairs, so she doesn't have to wear them alone! She will come charging towards me, arms full of shoes, and announce "Mommy, put on your pretty shoes! Dere's a mon-ter (monster) coming!" She has not explained how the pretty shoes assist in the fending off of a monster-maybe it will only eat you if you are un-fashionable.
So yesterday, as I hurried around doing chores before I had to leave for a client meeting, I was compelled to do my house work wearing two inch heels. Meaning if I took them off she would yell at me, and then follow me around trying to slip them on my feet every time I took a step. When I asked her if I could take them off yet, she would reply with a resounding, "Not YET!" Oh well. Now I can empathize with June Cleaver.
I finally came up with a compromise. I could take them off for awhile if Garrett would agree to wear them. Not surprisingly, he was thrilled at the idea.

No comments: